- Human Space Flight Expo – 2022” is inaugurated by Shri S. Somanath, Chairman, ISRO on 21st July 2022
- International Moon Day” programmes were inaugurated by Shri A S Kiran Kumar, Chairman, BASE on 20th July 2022
- This fifth episode on "Astronomy Miscellany" introduces the contribution of the king Maharaja Svati Tirunal
- Monthly sky gazing programme entitled "Know Your Stars" on 1st May 2022 at 6.30 pm.o "Ask an Astronomer" on 1st May 2022 from 5:15 pm to 6:15 pm."
- Sky Watch programme on 28th & 29th April 2022 from 4:30 am till sunrise.
- Photos of Partial Solar Eclipse captured at JNP on 21.06.2020
- "Annular Solar Eclipse" captured at Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium, Bengaluru, on 26th December 2019
- Science in Action - exhibition inaugurated by Dr. K S Nataraj, Founder Director, B V Jagadish Science Centre, Bluru, on 30th August 2019
- A book entitled 'ಆಕಾಶದಲ್ಲಿ ಏನಿದೆ? ಏಕಿದೆ?' written by Dr. B S Shylaja was released by Shri A S Kiran Kumar on 16th March 2019 at Planetarium
- A special lecture entitled "Humanity's Journey of Discovery" and interaction session by Prof. Charles Bolden, Ex-Chief, NASA
- Monthly sky gazing programme entitled "Know Your Stars" on 7th August 2022 at 6.30 pm.
- "Ask an Astronomer" on 7th August 2022 from 5:15 pm to 6:15 pm."
- Registration is open for Weekend Classes for PU students
- Result for Quiz competition held on 03.07.2022.
- The second round written test for State Level Quiz competition is scheduled on 7th August 2022 between 11 am and 12 noon. Click here to know the details and list of students selected.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium, Bengaluru is organising a one day workshop on the topic "Metals and Non-Metals" for Highschool Teachers on 4th August 2022 between 10.30 am and 3.30 pm. Charges Rs.300/- per head.
Registration Link: https://in.bookmyshow.com/bengaluru/events/chemistry/ET00335637
- Registration for Research Education Advancement Programme (REAP) in biology is commencing from 21st July 2022 on first come first served basis. No. of students are restricted to 100. Interested students are requested to register through G-form https://forms.gle/fF8Hkzg6fGTD4GXw9
- Registration for Research Education Advancement Programme (REAP) in physics is commencing from 21st July 2022 on first come first served basis. No. of students are restricted to 100. Interested students are requested to register through G-form https://forms.gle/A4ZwPNdc9Cp33kci8
- Moon Day
- On account of 'Moon Day", Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium is organising special programmes in hybrid mode in association with Capability Building Programme Office, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) on 20th July 2022. Entry is free. Here are the details:
- Inauguration by Dr. A S Kiran Kumar, Former Chairman of ISRO and Chairman of BASE/Planetarium at 10:30 am.
·A workshop on "Moon through Activities" for high school students from 11 am to 1:30 pm. Link : https://zoom.us/j/92424390161?pwd=cE9TbU95YXpXSGFFR3YrRGhMMzVMdz09
Lecture on "Chandrana Angaladalli" for general public and students at 2:30 pm. Link https://zoom.us/j/95638259291?pwd=OC9kS3FxalpxU0owRzJ1a2srN1hKUT09
Lecture on "A Journey with the Moon" for general public and students at 3:30 pm
- Trigonometry workshop
One day workshop for teachers on 14.07.2022 between 10.30 am and 330 pm̤ Charges Rs̤300/- per head̤ We intend to discuss concepts related to Trigonometry with activities and examples of the application of these ideas in other branches of Science.
Registration link: https://in.bookmyshow.com/events/trigonometry/ET00333793
- Science Club: "Detection of fastest star around a black hole" on 10.07.2022 at 4pm̤ Entry is free̤.
Astrophysicists have recently discovered a star which speeds around supermassive black hole at center of our milky way galaxy at a whopping speed of 29 million kmph. We will discuss about such discoveries in past and the detection methods.
Human Space Flight Centre (HSFC), ISRO is organising "Human Space Flight Expo." as part of "Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav." This is a space-themed celebration to commemorate 75 years of Indian Independence.
Join us in this 3-day event at Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium, Bengaluru! Witness exciting events, live lectures, and demonstrations celebrating ISRO's advancements towards human space exploration.
We look forward to having you there! Click Here to view Brochure
Registrations are only for school groups : Entries for all events must be submitted to [email protected] in the prescribed Excel format. (click here) Registrations open on 9th July, 2022 at 16:00 hrs.
Registrations close on 15th July, 2022 at 17:00 hrs.
- Science Over Weekends - 2022 is commencing from 10th July 2022 at 10:30 am.
Link for registration: https://forms.gle/Mb448jvYiuJD81Zb9
- Monthly sky gazing programme entitled "Know Your Stars" for public is scheduled on 3rd July 2022 at 6.30 pm. Charges Rs.50/- per head.
"Ask an Astronomer" is scheduled for public on 3rd July 2022 from 5:15 pm to 6:15 pm. Entry is free.
- ASTEROID DAY - On account of Asteroid Day, Conversations in Kannada on the topics 'Asteroids' and 'Falling Stones' and a special lecture in English on "Exploration of Asteroids by Robotic Spacecrafts" are scheduled on 30th June 2022. Entry is free. Read More..
- On account of Asteroid Day, Conversations in Kannada on the topics ‘Asteroids’ and ‘Falling Stones’ and a special lecture in English on “Exploration of Asteroids by Robotic Spacecrafts” are scheduled on 30th June 2022. Entry is free.
- The Planetarium is organising a state level Science Quiz programme in Kannada for the students of class 8th, 9th and 10th.
Last date is 24.06.2022 at 4 pm. Details
- Monthly Science Club on the topic “Paper Science” on 12.06.2022 at 4 pm
- Monthly sky gazing programme entitled "Know Your Stars" on 5th June 2022 at 6.30 pm.
"Ask an Astronomer" on 5th June 2022 from 5:15 pm to 6:15 pm."
- Science club on 8th May 2022 at 4 pm
- Only 150 tickets can be booked online through Bookmyshow website for the above shows. Remaining 50 tickets will be issued at the ticket counter half an hour before the commencement of each show, on first come first served basis.
- “Falling Stones : Secrets of the Universe” – Kannada book available at Book Stall for Rs.200/-
- The Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium (JNP) is organizing a series of following science activities on the Zero Shadow Day event on 24th April 2022 in collaboration with national institutions
- Registration for Summer Camps will start from 29th March 2022 through Book My Show website. Details will be announced shortly.
- As part of Amrit Mahotsava programme, the Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium is organising ‘Introduction to Night Sky’ and Sky Gazing programme through telescopes in rural Government schools. Interested schools may email to [email protected]/[email protected]
- Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium, Bengaluru is organising a special lecture (virtual) on the topic "Indian Space Programs - A tribute to Prof. U R Rao" on 10th March 2022 between 4 pm and 5 pm. Link to session: https://msteams.link/TP9B
- Monthly sky gazing programme entitled "Know Your Stars" on 6th March 2022 at 6.30 pm.
- "Ask an Astronomer" on 6th March 2022 from 5:15 pm to 6:15 pm."
- A two-day virtual science exhibition called Science-in-Action is organised on 5th & 6th March 2022
- National Science Day on 28.02.2022
- The JNP invites application for the post of Junior Planetarium Engineer and Junior Education Assistant.
- Monthly sky gazing programme entitled "Know Your Stars" on 6th February 2022 at 6.30 pm.
- "Ask an Astronomer" on 6th February 2022 from 5:15 pm to 6:15 pm."